Baked or not baked, cheesecake is so good. There are so many variations to make. So I wanted a healthier version, cause let’s face it a minute on the lips, years on the hips 😉 Here’s what I found…The No Cheese Cheesecake. Okay it’s not exactly all healthy, once you add the Reece’s pieces, but they are optional.
The No Cheese Cheesecake
IngredientsCrust Ingredients: 10-15 pitted dates 1 tbsp coconut oil 3/4 cup raw cashews 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 cup peanut butter
Cheesecake Layer Ingredients: 2 cups of cashews 3 bananas 1/4 cup peanut butter 3 tbsp maple syrup 4 tbsp cacao powder 1 tbsp coconut oil
Topping Ingredients: 1/2 dark chocolate melts 1 tbsp maple syrup 1 tbsp coconut oil 1/4 tsp salt 8 Reece’s peanut butter cups (Optional) 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Add coconut oil and dates to a small bowl, microwave to soften for 1 minute
- Add softened date mixture, cashews, salt and peanut butter to a food processor and pulse until well combined
- Spread mixture evenly in a line pie pan or springform pie pan
- Add cashews, bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup, cacao powder and coconut oil to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Poor chocolate cheesecake mixture onto crust and smooth with a spatula
- Chill in the fridge while you prep the topping
- Add dark chocolate, coconut oil, maple syrup, peanut butter and salt to a small bowl, microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth, then spread evenly on chocolate cheesecake layer.
- Sprinkle chopped up Reece’s peanut butter cups on top of the cheesecake.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or 4 hours in the freezer
The original recipe had almonds in the crust, I did not have any so substituted with cashews