Spaghetti and meatballs, one of my kids all time favourite meals. I used to do this in the slow cooker but now with the Thermomix, its even easier!
This recipe can be found in ‘The Basic Cook Book” (chip and hard copy) I have just modified it with some added extras.
Spaghetti & Meatballs #TM5 (Modified)
40 g bread crumbs 2 cloves garlic 500-700 g beef mince 2 eggs 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1 clove garlic 80 g brown onion 30 g extra virgin olive oil 800 g tinned tomatoes crushed (2 tins) 1 tsp pepper 1/2 tbsp dried oregano 1/2 tbsp dried basil 1 tbsp veggie stock paste (Thermomix made) 1 big handful of kale 1 tbsp parmesan
- Add mince, eggs, salt, pepper, parmesan & bread crumbs into the bowl, insert MC, mix on speed 5 for 10 seconds
- Transfer into a bowl and put aside
- Clean and dry your thermomix bowl
- Spray oil onto Varoma dish & tray to lightly grease
- With oiled hands shape meatballs into preferred size and place in Varoma. Place aside.
- Saute for 3 min at 120 degrees speed 1
- Add tomatoes, pepper, veggie stock paste basil and oregano
- Place Varoma in position and cook for 20 mins, VAROMA, speed 1
- While this is cooking, boil water and cook pasta according to directions on packet
- Place meatballs and sauce into your thermo server, serve on top of pasta with or without parmesan
1. Chop garlic on speed 7 for 5 seconds then scrape of the sides of the bowl
1. Place garlic, onion, kale and oil into the bowl, chop for 5 seconds on speed 5