This homemade chocolate is made with just a few simple ingredients from your pantry. Coconut oil, cocoa or cacao and maple syrup (Feel free to substitute the maple syrup for your favourite sweetener)
The coconut oil replaces the cocoa butter found in traditional chocolate, thus needed it to be kept in the freezer. This is a great treat and a good way to sneak coconut oil into your diet daily. Melt in your mouth goodness.
Coconut Oil Chocolate Bark
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa or cacao. (You can decrease the amount of this to suit your tastes)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
About 3/4 cup in your choice of toppings.
- Line a slice tray with baking paper and place aside
- Melt coconut oil over a low heat
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa/cacao powder and maple syrup
- Once combined, pour mixture into prepared lined slice tray
- Sprinkle your favourite seeds, nuts and dried fruit etc
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 mins
- Remove from slice tray and ‘break’ into bark like pieces
You can put whatever toppings you like, fruit, nuts, seeds, cacao nibs or crunch (Found at the health food store) and flaked coconut (I found some in the health food aisle at woolworths)
Be aware it melts much faster than regular chocolate so be sure to store in the freezer.
Recipe can be doubled to make a ‘double batch’