If you’re like me and have a sweet tooth there is nothing better than salted caramel. It’s my all time favourite treat…and these 20 second salted caramel brownies definitely hit that ‘I need something sweet’ craving. I regularly make brownies for my girls to put […]
I absolutely love these, they are easy to make and store well in an air tight container. So many variations you can make too! I usually just chuck in whatever I’ve got in the pantry and they turn out great every time, there’s no right or wrong way to make these, even the basic recipe without adding in extras is delicious.
Great for school lunch boxes (provided you make a ‘nut free’ versions to comply with your schools policies) or an afternoon snack.
*The original recipe does not include chia seeds, that’s a variation I have added.
Rolled Oat Bars
1 cup wholemeal SR flour
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup raw sugar
1tbsp golden syrup
- Combine flour, oats, chia seeds and sugar in a large bowl
- Melt butter and golden syrup together in a saucepan
- Pour butter mixture into the dry ingredients and combine well
- Press into a slice tray and bake at 180c for 15-20 mins or until golden brown
- Cut into bars while still hot and leave to cool before removing from tray
Original recipe & image from Meal Planning Your Way