For as long as I can remember I have loved apple crumble, but my hips and butt say otherwise, I wanted a healthy apple crumble as I didn’t want to use so much butter. Enter Thermomix Recipe Community website and boom…healthy apple crumble! Really easy […]
Every weekend I spend one day baking for school lunches, after school snacks and treats. I usually load up the pantry and fridge with sweet baked goodies, but a week or so ago my husband asked for savoury snacks. Am I making too many sweet things I thought? Whoops…time to Facebook, Pinterest and google stalk for savoury recipes!
So while enjoying my coffee in bed, scrolling on Thermobliss Facebook page, I stumbled upon a recipe that I knew my hubby would love. Rosemary and garlic crackers. I have tweaked the recipe to my pantry supplies, but you can find the original recipe here.
These are incredibly easy to whip up, great for school lunch boxes, if your children enjoy these flavours and perfect for dipping! I used a small star shaped cookie cutter, but any smallish cutter would be suitable. As I sit here typing, my 12 year old is devouring a bowl full (Which will actually mean I’ll have to make another batch asap) I didn’t load them up with a lot of garlic or rosemary, this was my ‘test’ batch with my fam bam. Next batch I will increase the rosemary and garlic to give more oomph in the flavour.
You can use fresh or dry rosemary, I didn’t have any fresh on hand so dry it was! Poppy seeds can be replaced with chia seeds, even sesame seeds for a totally different texture. I was able to make 3 cookie trays worth of crackers from the dough, approx. 36 crackers. I hope you enjoy these yummy crackers as much as my family have.
Rosemary, Garlic & Poppy Seed Crackers
2 springs of fresh rosemary or 2 tsp dry rosemary
1 garlic clove
300gm plain flour
50gm olive oil
Pinch of salt (I use pink Himalayan salt)
3 tsp poppy seeds (Can substitute with chia or sesame)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- Place rosemary and garlic clove into the TMX bowl, chop on speed 5 for 30 seconds (Scraping down the bowl every 10 seconds)
- Add water, plain flour, olive oil and salt to TMX bowl, mix for 8 seconds on speed 7
- Add the seeds and mix on knead speed for 2 mins
- Once fully combined and a dough consistency, place the dough between 2 pieces of baking paper and roll out to approx 5mm
- Use a cookie cuter to create crackers and place on a lined baking tray
- Repeat until all dough is used
- Cook for 15-20 mins or until lightly golden brown
- Once removed from oven, allow to cool for 10 mins 10.Keep crackers in an air tight container
If you’re like me and have a sweet tooth there is nothing better than salted caramel. It’s my all time favourite treat…and these 20 second salted caramel brownies definitely hit that ‘I need something sweet’ craving. I regularly make brownies for my girls to put […]