This homemade chocolate is made with just a few simple ingredients from your pantry. Coconut oil, cocoa or cacao and maple syrup (Feel free to substitute the maple syrup for your favourite sweetener) The coconut oil replaces the cocoa butter found in traditional chocolate, thus needed it to be kept in the freezer. This is […]
I spent Saturday baking snacks for my kids school lunches also decided to make some items for myself for the weeks sneaky little treats. My pantry and fridge are full to the brim with baked goods!
I made energy balls which required almond butter…(See Almond Butter blog entry), I also made raw chocolate coffee bites. I found this on The Organised Housewife’s website, but I changed it up a little to suit my tastes.
Great for a quick snack, to kerb those ‘I need chocolate’ or ‘Give me all the coffees’ moments!
Raw Chocolate Coffee Bites
3/4 cup cashews
1/2 cup almonds
1 1/4 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup cacoa
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly grease loaf pan
- Place nuts, cacoa and coffee into food processor, process until they are fine crumbs
- Place dates into food processor, process until completely chopped
- Add vanilla and salt: process until combined
- Place mixture into loaf pan and firmly press into pan
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, then slice into bite size pieces
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge